Patients’ Private Care Complaints Procedure

Patients’ Complaints Procedure (Regarding Private Treatment)

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the dentists or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure for dealing with complaints.

How to Submit a Complaint

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem


  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.


Complaints should be addressed to Dr J Chope or Karenza Stribley or any of the dentists. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with Dr J Chope or Karenza Stribley in order to discuss your concerns. He/she will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

Our Procedure

We shall acknowledge your complaint as soon as possible, normally within three working days and aim to investigate your complaint within a fortnight of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with those involved. There may be occasions, for instance at times of staff leave or sickness etc, when we cannot meet the timing targets that we have set ourselves and we hope that you will be understanding when this occurs. In investigating your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you  would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so.  A document signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of physical or mental illness) of providing this.

Using Other Services to Complain

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will provide the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. But this does not affect your right to approach other advisers, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation. You can contact:


Dental Complaints Service

Telephone: 020 8253 0800 (Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm)

Email: [email protected]


Write to: Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, CR0 6BA


Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Telephone: 03000 616161 (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm)

Email: [email protected]


Write to: Care Quality Commission, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4PA


General Dental Council

Telephone: 0845 222 4141 (Mon – Fri 8.00am – 6.00pm)

Email: information@[email protected]


Write to: General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8DQ